Did your dog’s butt explode or is that diarrhea? Oh my! The smell, color, and watery poop has been sprayed all over the yard and it’s also back inside the house on the carpet. As a pet parent, you are highly concerned about your dog’s health when this happens.
This is serious, you need to find a way to stop your dog’s watery poop now! The following information will help you fix your dog’s digestive issues and stop watery poop.
Common reasons your dog’s poop is watery
Your little sir-stinks-a-lot has watery poop or diarrhea for one of the following reasons. The following list will help guide you to the cause that is leading to your dog’s watery poop problem.
- Poor diet
- Bacterial infection
- Parasitic infection
- Viral infection
- Sudden changes in diet
- Hookworms, whipworms & roundworms
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Pancreatic disease
- Heart disease
- Liver failure
- Some types of cancer
Pinpointing the cause of your dog’s watery poop
As a pet parent, you know your dog very well. Everyday, you see the consistency and smell of your dog’s poop since you pick it up and clean up after your dog. Pinpointing the cause of your dog’s watery poop is essential to treating the problem quickly.
Here are some excellent ideas to help stop the watery poop:
- Improve your dog’s diet – The food your dog eats every day contributes to his or her overall health, including their digestive tract microbiome. It’s essential that you provide your dog with high-quality, healthy dog food and treats plus plenty of water on a daily basis.
- Remove allergens from your dog’s diet – The most common ingredients in dog food that cause allergies are gluten, grain, soy, and dairy. Choose dog food that doesn’t contain these common allergens to help prevent watery poop.
- Visit a veterinarian – Changing your dog’s diet will usually help cure watery poop, but if it doesn’t there can be a more severe issue causing the problem. Always consult with a veterinarian if water poop or diarrhea persists.
Taking control of your dog’s watery poop
You can be sure your pup is feeling discomfort in their digestive system when they have watery poop. It’s crucial that you take control of the issue and do everything you can to help them feel better quickly.
Helpful digestive support supplements for dogs with watery poop
An easy way to stop watery dog poop is to start serving a digestive support supplement that is high in fiber such as Bernie’s Perfect Poop. It’s an all-natural supplement that contains enzymes, flaxseed, probiotics, prebiotics, pumpkin and sun-cured Miscanthus grass to supercharge your dog’s digestion which results in firmer, less watery poop.
Constant watery poop is a sign your dog has digestive issues on a regular basis that need to be resolved from the inside out. You can depend on Bernie’s Perfect Poop to get the job done!