Bernie’s Perfect Poop helps improve your dog’s skin & coat
Your dog’s first line of defense against infection, virus and general comfortability is their skin and coat. A poor coat or skin can be a sign of poor nutrition and a weak microbiome. How can Bernie’s Perfect Poop help improve your dog’s skin coat?
- Good dog gut health is the most important way to keep your dog healthy. If your dog’s outsides are looking pretty shabby, it’s a good indication that their gut may need some help. When a dog’s microbiome is healthy, food can efficiently move through his body, allowing all the nutrients to be absorbed adequately so that their skin is free of irritation and their coat nice and full.
- High-quality fiber helps improve your dog’s skin and coat because it moves the food you feed your dog through their intestines at just the right speed for optimal absorption. Not all fiber supplements are the same, though. The perfect combination of Miscanthus grass, pumpkin and flaxseed in Bernie’s gives your dog the fiber they need to move things quickly and efficiently through their digestive tract. It also allows absorption and the creation of short-chain fatty acids that boost their colon health.
- Bernie’s Perfect Poop also combines prebiotics and probiotics to balance your dog’s gut microbiome. Research shows that pre and probiotic supplements can help your dog’s skin be less irritated from canine atopic dermatitis as well as itchy skin from allergens. When your dog has good dog gut health, good bacteria (probiotics) prevent harmful bacteria from overgrowing. The prebiotics and probiotics in Bernie’s encourage optimal dog gut health to keep your dog’s gut in shape and digestive health strong, and that helps keep their skin and coat strong and healthy too.
- Bernie’s Perfect Poop creates the perfectly balanced gut microbiome in your dog, by including a combination of prebiotics and probiotics in every bag. As research continues to explore the connection between a dog’s brain and his gut (the gut-brain axis), we find it to be pivotal to behavior and mental health. With good dog gut health, your dog doesn’t have to worry about harmful bacteria destroying the communication between the gut and the brain. This combination of prebiotics and probiotics stimulates a balanced gut, and better mental health for your dog.
- Your dog’s skin is its largest organ. To keep that organ healthy, your dog has to have a balanced diet that allows for the maximum absorption of proteins, carbohydrates, fats and minerals. The enzymes in Bernie’s Perfect Poop help break the food you feed your dog down more efficiently, and that allows the nutrients to supply your dog’s skin with all it needs to be healthy and happy.
- Bernie’s Perfect Poop is a 4-in-1 combination of fiber, prebiotics, probiotics, and enzymes. Good dog gut health is the key to a happier, healthier life for your dog. When your dog’s skin and coat are dry, dull, itchy and scratchy, it means their gut health is most likely not balanced. Better dog gut health means your dog’s skin will be free of irritation and their coat shiny and lustrous.